Monday, August 9, 2010

Card - Tulip Box

Hi, Today I thought I'd demonstrate another fun feature on the Freshly Picked cartridge. Each image on this cartridge has a frame with a matching cut along the bottom. I have chosen my favourite flower for this card - pink tulips.


The tulip image has all the layers to make this gorgeous planter box full of tulips. This has been cut at 2", and I have embossed the outer layer with Tim Holtz Woodgrain. I've also added a couple of cute little glittered butterflies to soften the lines of the planter box.


Here is a close-up of the framed border. I've used white with pink background paper behind the tulip box, and pink with white background for the cut border.


I have sized the overall frame at 5", and with the Gypsy, it is duplicated and flipped. After using the hide contour feature on the back section, the two pieces are then welded together before cutting. Below is the card when it's open. I've used a small tulip bouquet stamp for a subtle background on the front of the card, and added a couple to the edge of the pink inside the card. The pink area also makes a great area to write your sentiment.


I've used these cute little tag punches from Stampin' Up with thread wound around the side to finish the card.


Till tomorrow,
Luv, Tereesa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading each one. They are sincerely appreciated and brighten my day.