Monday, October 11, 2010

Card - Road Trip

Hi, I hope everyone has had a great weekend. With Spring in the air (apart from all this rain), and because a few friends of mine have just embarked on a road trip, I thought I'd show you another card made for Scrappy-Go-Lucky using Summer Vacation. You should head over to their blog. There is a prize of AU$100 up for grabs to be spent in the SGL store. It's easy to enter, but you'll have to be quick - the comp. closes in 24 hours - 12 midnight Monday Perth time.

For this card I chose a modern Winnebago - then added a touch of sixties flower power. The van is cut at 2 3/4".


For the background, using the Cri-Kits gel pens, a subtle background of maps, signs, and arrows is drawn in gold glitter.


To add definition to the van and words, Cricut Ink Markers were used to draw the images first. Then, without unloading the mat, hit "Load Paper" again, replace the marker with the blade-housing, "Repeat Last", then cut. The same technique can be used with the Cri-Kits Gel Pens for a more subtle outline.


I used some scrunched up stripey paper for curtains .....


and old x-rays make perfect tinted windows.


I inked around the edge to give some definition and shadow, and drew in lines for door frames, etc. I then added some ink and glaze on the tyres - and of course some glitter.




This cute little bike is from "Everyday Paper Dolls" (page 57). It is cut at 1" and adhered to the background..



The van is then attached using foam dots.
Enjoy....
Luv, Tereesa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading each one. They are sincerely appreciated and brighten my day.