Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sentimentals Layout

Hi Everyone, Only 7 sleeps to go. This time next week I will have just arrived in Perth. I am flying over for the Scrappy-Go-Lucky workshop on Sunday 2 May, and I am really looking forward to spending the weekend with Mandy, and meeting my friend, Linda..
Tonight I thought I would share with you a layout I did using the Sentimentals cartridge (Storybook and George & Basic Shapes are also used). I made this to honour my husband's Grandmother. She was a wonderful lady who inspired many.




The intricate frame is cut in an olive green with gold accents, with the shadow and layer in black.



As the black looked a little harsh, I inked around the edge in gold on the shadow, and lightly pressed the ink pad on the layer to give an old-fashioned gilded effect.



This beautiful glove is cut from a pearlised cream paper. I cut the layer 4 times and stuck them over each other to give a fine layered effect without using foam dots. A little glitter and pearls to finish off.



This gorgeous ink-pot is cut in burgandy with a black shadow and layer. The beautiful feather quill is cut from white, silver, and black card, with a touch of glitter added.



This lovely sentiment is printed in burgandy on the same cream paper. The shape is from Storybook, and I have inked with a dauber around the edges to soften.



This flower is cut from George & Basic Shapes, using again the same cream paper, and an antique gold. The separate flowers are cut in shadow and silhouette, layered, a touch of glitter added, and finished off with a black and pearl vintage brad.


I finished the layout with some burgandy roses, and some pearls in the corners.

For full instructions, please click here, or contact me.

"Grandmothers are just antique little girls"

I will have a couple of cards from the Sentimentals cartridge to show you soon.

Luv, Tereesa.

2 comments:

  1. Not long now. Cant wait to meet you. The flowers and ink pot on this page are divine.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading each one. They are sincerely appreciated and brighten my day.