Monday, June 14, 2010

Card - Rainbow Wishes

Hi Everyone, A fun day was had by all at the Brisbane Scrapbook & Papercraft Convention yesterday. Shelley has posted a few photos on her blog - check them out here. I have had fun today playing with my new goodies, but alas, have not quite finished. Will have some new cards to post tomorrow.

In the meantime, thought you might like to see a card made with "Once Upon A Princess". This gorgeous rainbow is just too cute to ignore. I have made the base card in hot pink sized 5 3/4" x 11 1/2", and all the images are cut at 4".


The rainbow "shadow" is cut in turquoise, with the main rainbow in green. The "shift" image is in the bright pink, and the layer in turquoise. The clouds, of course, are fluffy and white.


Once the layers are put together, I added some Kindyglitz around the stars and clouds, and the eyes, for sparkle.


The background is white card cut at 5 1/2" square. I have used the Scor-Pal to make 1" scores diagonally - first one way then the other. I then used the Crystalina Kindyglitz (which throws a pale pink colour) along all the score lines to highlight them. This makes a pretty, but subtle, background effect.

A hot pink ribbon is used to finish off, with birthday wishes added to the bottom right of the card. A very simple, but pretty card, for any little (or big) girl.

Till tomorrow,
Luv, Tereesa.

4 comments:

  1. Very sweet. Love the colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very pretty. the colors look awesome together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is the one with Scor Pal will have to get my new one out and give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card Tereesa, love the colours (it says "happy" to me) and i love the way you have done the background.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading each one. They are sincerely appreciated and brighten my day.