Friday, June 18, 2010

Never Forgotten

Hi, Today marks twelve months since my much-loved Father-In-Law passed away. To honour his memory, I thought I would post this plaque that I made for each member of the family.



The 11" plaque is woodcraft and I have painted the bevelled edge in gold. The backing is a photograph of Jacaranda Trees (his favourite), faded out to a watermark, with his photo and the text printed on top.


The front was then covered in Liquid Gloss which forms a thick, hard, glass-like finish.

I made a similar one when my Grandfather passed away. They are lovely keepsakes for family.

"Always lovingly remembered - Never forgotten"
Luv, Tereesa.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful statement and plaque.Hits very close to home as i will be going thru the same thing next month as you well know.
    Yes "always remembered".
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your family. This is a beautiful plaque.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I love reading each one. They are sincerely appreciated and brighten my day.